Enjoying Your Candle/Wax Melt Safely
We're so grateful that you've purchased one of our products, but we also want to make sure you enjoy them safely. Here's some guidance tips:
- Always put candles on a heat resistant surface. Be especially careful with night lights and tea lights, which get hot enough to melt plastic. TVs are not fire-resistant objects
- Position them away from curtains. Don’t put candles near curtains, other fabrics, furniture or anything that cab catch fire. And keep them out of draughts
- If the candle isn't already in a holder, place it in one. Candles need to be held firmly upright by the holder so they won’t fall over. The holder needs to be stable too, so it won’t fall over either
- Don’t put them under shelves. It’s easy to forget that there’s a lot of heat above a burning candle. If you put it under a shelf or other surface then it can burn the surface. Make sure there’s at least three feet (one metre) between a candle and any surface above it
- Keep clothes and hair away. If there’s any chance you could lean across a candle and forget it’s there, put it somewhere else. You don’t want to set fire to your clothes or your hair
- Keep children and pets away. Candles should be out of reach of children and pets
- Keep candles apart. Leave at least four inches (10cm) between two burning candles
- Take care with votive or scented candles. These kinds of candles turn to liquid to release their fragrance, so put them in a glass or metal holder if they're not already
- Don’t move them when they’re burning. Extinguish candles before moving them. Also, don’t let anything fall into the hot wax like match sticks
- Don’t leave them burning, never leave a candle unattended. Extinguish candles before you leave a room. Never go to sleep with a candle still burning. And never leave a burning candle or oil burner in a child’s bedroom
- Use a snuffer or a spoon to put them out. It’s safer than blowing them, which can send sparks and hot wax flying
- Double check they’re out. Candles that have been put out can go on smouldering and start a fire. Make sure they’re completely out.
- Trim the candle wick to about 1 cm before lighting and only burn for a maximum of 3 hours
We can't wait for you to enjoy your new candle or wax melt and by practising the above, this will ensure you and your loved ones can enjoy it safely.
Sit back, relax and enjoy!
Founder of Sweet Clarity Ltd